Working as a trucker can mean spending most of the day behind the wheel, which can unfortunately lead to trucker sun damage if proper precautions arent take. To avoid the dangers of excess sun exposure and resulting damage, make sure to follow these essential preventative tips.
Check for the Warning Signs You May Be Experiencing Sun Damage
Every trucker should be aware of the warning signs of sun damage. While these may vary by individual, some common signs that its time to visit a dermatologist include:
- Spots on the skin
- Unusual or changed freckles
- Dry and papery skin texture out of the ordinary for your skin type
- Spider veins
Take Important Precautions Before Every Trip
The best way truckers can protect themselves from the negative effects of the sun is to take important precautions prior to every trip. Make sure to:
- Wear SPF 30 and up sunscreen every time you get in the truck
- Try to avoid driving during 10:00 am and noon, when the rays of the sun are extra strong
- Wear a hat and sunglasses
- Cover up exposed skin with clothing like long-sleeved shirts
The trucking industry often involves long hours at the wheel for drivers, which can unfortunately cause trucker sun damage. To avoid this damage and its potentially dangerous consequences, be sure to follow these protective tips.